Who we are and the information we collect
RAG is an independent body that provides free information and advice through our international conferences and online services to industry professionals. We are a non-profit organisation who organises events globally through the support of our professional network using a combination of hosts and sponsors to deliver our services. RAG is primarily funded through sponsorship, enabling many of the events and activities to be provided free of charge to guests and users.
There are different ways in which we gather information about you:
- If you subscribe to the RAG mailing list, your personal information (including email address, first name, last name, employment type and company’s name) is collected.
- If you register to a RAG event, your personal information (including first name, surname, email address, mobile phone number, job title, company/organisation name, address, town/city and postcode) is collected. When registering for an event, we do ask you for any dietary requirements which we will retain only for the purposes of organising the event. By registering for a RAG event, you become a RAG member and will also receive the RAG newsletter.
- If you enroll for RAG Learning, your personal information (mandatory fields include email, full name, username, a password and country) is collected. By enrolling on RAG Learning you become a RAG member and will also receive the RAG newsletter.
- We keep a record of other electronic communications you receive from us, which may include for example, whether an email has been opened.
How we use your personal information
All of the personal information described above will be stored on RAGs user databases (unless you notify us that you no longer which us to retain such data, in which case it will be deleted).
RAG will only use your personal information in order to contact you (e.g. by email or telephone) for the purposes outlined (e.g. to send you a newsletter or to send you information about the event for which you have registered). We may use your email address to notify you of changes to our privacy practices.
If you do not wish to receive the newsletter from RAG, then please click the unsubscribe from this list on the foot of the newsletter.
Our legitimate interests, where we ensure that your rights and freedoms are not overridden by ours, are to continue to provide services and events to telecoms professionals for free. To enable us to do this we rely on sponsorship from various organisations who for the events they sponsor have access to those who have registered to attend events. This enables them to inform you about products and services that may interest you before, during and after the event. You, as an individual, have the right to contact the sponsoring organisations directly and ask that they delete the data they hold about you.
When we share / receive your personal information
RAG will only share information that allows us to continue to provide you with our service. We will share / receive your information in the following ways:
- With a general service company to provide mailing services that distribute our details of our events (Sendpulse).
- We use Eventbrite for registration purposes to our free sponsored events.
- We store collected information using Sync.
- With our event ‘hosts’ for security purposes to enable them to know who is on site on the day of the event.
- With our sponsors so that we can work in partnership with them during the event to continue to provide events to you for free and to facilitate the in providing their services to you (you may request the sponsor directly if you wish not to receive communication from them).
- We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Security, data retention and international data transfers
RAG takes the security of your personal information seriously and we adopt technical and organisational measures to protect the integrity and privacy of your personal information. We only retain your personal information for clearly established periods.
Our web pages display a padlock and start with https in front of the web page name. This shows that we always encrypt the information that you send us. We maintain appropriate safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your personal information, RAG cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information which is transferred over the internet to us.
We will retain your personal information for as long as you are registered with RAG and we need it in order to fulfil the purposes described above. We may retain your information for a period of time after you stop attending RAG events, after which we take the necessary steps to delete your personal information.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are essential in helping you to navigate around our website and use the features we provide (e.g. for logging on and tracking what progress you have made). Without these cookies, any services on our website you wish to access cannot be provided.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These collect information about the use of our website (e.g. which pages are visited most often). These help us to improve the service we provide our users.
- Functionality cookies: These allow our website to remember choices you make (e.g. your user name). These cookies can also be used to remember settings such as changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you may be able to customise.
You may choose not to allow cookies at all. If you wish to withhold consent for the use of our cookies click on the appropriate button when first visiting the website. You can withdraw consent and delete any cookies already set your can do this via your browser settings. Please be aware that if you delete our cookies or disable future cookies your experience of our site will be impaired as we may not be able to use important features.
To find out more about Cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or see www.youronlinechoices.eu which contains further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.
Your choices and rights
As an individual you have certain rights regarding the information we hold about. These rights include requesting a copy of the personal information we hold about you, requesting an update to it or to having it deleted. Please be aware that these are not absolute rights may be limited in some circumstances.
You can also object to the ways in which we process your personal information, in particular where the processing is based on legitimate interests. Your can ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it.
Updates and contacting RAG
You may also change your personal information retained by us at any time by contacting us the same way.
As an organisation that provides free events and online services, we respectfully ask that if you are unhappy with how we handle your personal data that you contact us in the first instance. We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. However, you, as the data subject, have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone at +44 303 123113.